Remote QLD, NT and SA citizen scientists, we need you!
AMCS is partnering with Adrift Lab, a University of Tasmania ocean plastics research centre, to help gather plastics from remote Australian beaches.
Researchers at Adrift Lab are looking for plastic samples from remote beaches in the NT, SA and QLD. Specifically:
- Queensland: Mackay/Yeppoon and north, then along to the Northern Territory border.
- Northern Territory: Any coastal region outside of Darwin.
- South Australia: Between Robe and Victor Harbour, Kangaroo Island, between Port Lincoln to Eucla.
To be able to participate, you’ll need to be living in or travelling in a remote coastal area and be able to collect and post some plastic samples.
What are the participation requirements?
We need volunteers in remote coastal locations who are able to:
- Spend 1-2 hours walking a beach and collecting plastic
- Post the plastic samples (postage costs will be reimbursed)