Australia’s Government is taking submissions on whether they fund clean renewables or dirty gas with taxpayer money.
The Australian Government is developing a national Technology Investment Roadmap. This is our chance to make sure our government is supercharging clean energy, not funding dirty fossil fuel projects.
Submissions close 21 June – make sure they hear your voice!
Points to consider in your submission:
- For our Great Barrier Reef to survive, we must do our part in keeping global warming to less than 1.5 degrees.
- The roadmap for Australia’s energy needs to have carbon emission targets that will give our Reef a fighting chance.
- Australia needs to phase out coal fired power by 2030, that means we need to be investing in renewable energy now.
- Gas is not a solution, it is dirty and polluting and we don’t need it – renewable energy with storage can do the job.
- We can be a renewable energy exporter if the government supports renewable hydrogen, with long term careers for Australians.
- Zero emissions technologies are ready to go today and the roadmap should not consider any technologies that will increase our emissions.
The Guardian: Leaked Covid-19 commission report calls for Australian taxpayers to underwrite gas industry expansion. 21 May 2020