The Narooma Paddle Out is back!
Local community and marine park supporters will be paddling out on lilo’s, boogie boards, SUP’s, surfboards & floaties to show how much the health of our oceans and marine life mean to us all.
Please come and join us in a unified show of support for the importance of sanctuary zones in marine parks within NSW. The Great Southern Reef is under threat from over fishing, climate change and pollution. Lets make this paddle out even bigger and better than the last!
What to expect:
- Welcome to country.
Smoking ceremony by Muladha Gamara Yuin indigenous dancers.
Banner competition drawn for school age kids with an awesome prize!
- Paddle out for our Marine Parks Sanctuary Zones into the lovely and gentle waters of Bar Beach, Narooma Inlet.
- S.O.S. SLOGAN COMPETITION: make a banner or sign with your slogan – best banner wins an awesome ocean themed prize! Teams encouraged.
What to bring:
- Be sure to bring a colourful banner! SOS Save Our Sanctuaries.
- Costumes or props like surfboards or floaties, mask & snorkel
- Swimmers, sunscreen and a hat.
Register your attendance – Please register your attendance so we can plan for numbers & let you know should this event be postponed due to bad weather.
Event organised by Nature Coast Marine Group and supported by AMCS.