This election will be defined by the voices that are heard right now. Will you take a moment to send a letter to the editor of your favourite newspaper?
Points to consider
- I want to see parties commit to Stop Adani and fast-track 100% renewable electricity now. The future of the Great Barrier Reef depends on it.
- Mining and burning coal is polluting our planet and heating our oceans. It is already leading to more catastrophic weather events. We just had the most severe back to back coral bleaching we’ve ever seen in the Great Barrier Reef.
- We can’t afford to keep polluting with new coal mines like Adani.If the Adani mine goes ahead it will pave the way for an additional eight mines in the Galilee Basin. Burning this coal will turbo-charge catastrophic climate change.
- Adani can’t be trusted with our beautiful Reef. They were responsible for a major coal spill in near Mumbai that they failed to clean up for more than five years.
- Adani has polluted in Australia already. Adani is being prosecuted by the Queensland Government for pollution at its coal port at Abbot Point in 2017, and they had another pollution breach at the same place this year.
Here’s an example to get you started!
I just visited the Great Barrier Reef and was so upset to see the impact climate change is having on our beautiful Reef. The Government needs to save the Reef by stopping new thermal coal mines and rapidly transitioning to renewable energy.
Your newspaper not listed in the form?
Some newspapers only accept submissions via their website. Here are some other links where you can submit your letter.
Adelaide Now: online form here.
The Courier Mail: online form here.
The Mercury: online form here.
NT News: online form here.
Queensland Times: online form here.