Next week Queensland Members of Parliament are meeting for the first time since our summer of climate disasters.
They will be making decisions about what to do very soon.
Will you call your local MP and urge them to invest in real solutions to the climate emergency?
- To start, introduce yourself and let them know you which suburb you live in.
- Tell them why you want them to take action to cut pollution.
For example: I’m horrified by the bushfires, and the massive fish kills in our rivers.
- Let them know that the biggest threat to the Great Barrier Reef is the climate crisis heating our oceans. Insist that Queensland must do our bit.
Ask them if they will support action to:
- double Queensland’s target for cutting emissions;
- replace all our dirty coal fired power stations with publicly owned renewables;
- make sure every coal worker gets a new job; and
- pass laws to stop new dirty coal and gas projects.