The Good Fish Project is run by the Australian Marine Conservation Society. Its aim is to build a community of chefs, restaurateurs, fishers and fishmongers who are championing sustainable seafood for us all.
About Good Fish Project
Our goal is healthy oceans forever. We believe abundant fish stocks are in all our interests to ensure we can have quality local seafood for generations to come. We love Australia’s restaurants and are calling on them to make a real difference through their day-to-day work and impact the way Australians catch and eat seafood.
The Good Fish Project will build upon the well loved consumer app, Australia’s Sustainable Seafood Guide, to create an additional Sustainable Restaurant Guide. Together, we will be your comprehensive source for trustworthy independent information regarding the consumption of seafood in Australia.
This new Sustainable Restaurant Guide is currently under construction along with work to relaunch the identity of our Sustainable Seafood Guide. In the meantime you can still access Australia’s Sustainable Seafood Guide.
Over 40 restaurants around Australia have already pledged to only serve sustainably sourced seafood on their menus!
- Ben Shewry (Attica – GoodFish ambassador)
- Ben Devlin (Pipit)
- Alejandro Saravia (Pastuso, Uma, Farmer’s Daughters)
- Alanna Sapwell (Arc Dining)
- Bertoncello Brother’s (O.My)
- Ben Williamson (22 Agnes)
- Thi Le (Anchovy)
- Charlie Carrington (Atlas Dining, Colours Kitchen)
- Mal Meiers (Subo)
- Alistair Waddell (Harvest)
- Evan White (Chupacabra)
- Jacqui Challinor (NOMAD)
- Alex Prichard (Icebergs Dining Room & Bar)
- Steve Earl (La Bimba)
- Ben McMenamin (Social Food Project)
- Rosa Mitchell (Rosa’s Canteen)
- Stephen Clarke (San Telmo)
- Leigh Robbins (Sebastian)
- Josh Rudd (Asado)
- Mikey Dalton (Palermo)
- Rocker Bondi
- Three Blue Ducks (Brisbane, Byron Bay, Bronte, Roseberry)
- Colonial Leisure Group (Victoria)
- Spicers Retreats (NSW & QLD)
- Andy Ashby (Salon de Co)
- Angelo Velante (Jellyfish)
- Simone Watts (Daintree Ecolodge)
- Alan O’Keefe (Catalina)
- Zoe Birch (Greasy Zoe’s)
- Marcello Farioli (I Maccheroni) (Rustic Kitchen)
Brendon Walter (Stefano Lubiana Winery)
Jason Barratt (Paper Daisy)
Are you a restaurant, fishmonger, chef or fisher that wants to be part of the change? Fill out the form below and Sascha Rust will contact you.